Friday, May 07, 2010

Creative Home Projects



My beautiful chandelier is finally hung up! Mama bought this for us shortly after we moved in back in February after I showed it to her at Lowe's. This picture really does not do it justice!


This old candlestick holder before....


...and after with a fresh coat of Watermelon pink spray paint.


This month's display on top of the tv in the living room...


I had recently purchased soft pastels and this is my first picture using this medium.

What creative projects have you done in or around your home lately?

 

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Creative projects are something that are sadly lacking in my life at the moment. When you're burnt out, tired out and just plain exhausted it seems like such a "big" deal to create. But I'm wondering if I could just force myself to forge ahead, maybe it would feed me rather than deplete me. Something for me to consider. But not today because I have to work! Lol
I love the colour you chose to paint the candleholder. It looks luscious! And your beach portrait is very nice :)
So many talents Tracy!

Rhonda said...

looks pretty Tracy - your new light fixture is great and I really like your pastel work.

around my house, I am working on some sewing projects - made a curtain for our bathroom, valances for Nina, a few more burpcloths and bibs, and I have some new aprons for me started.

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Tracy,
Thanks so much for following my blog! Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers!
Holly