Monday, May 10, 2010

Beach Days

Both Saturday and Sunday afternoon we ventured to the beach. Alfred wanted to go scuba diving so the girls and I went along to enjoy the beautiful weather and our pretty beach. So far the oil that is leaking into the Gulf has not reached our beach, though tar balls began washing up on Daulphin Island this weekend.

Sea gulls at Little Lagoon

Keeping an eye on the girls...

Kenzie

Kenzie atop a mountain of sand. It has now been pushed out to block off the Lagoon so if the oil comes this way, it can't get in and kill the wildlife at the nature reserves.

Kenzie coming down the hill.

Micah, Alfred, and Kayla...

Gulf Shores - mainside

My man :)

Going out to scuba dive...



Kayla

Hope your weekend was just as beautiful!

 

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That looks like fun. We've been trying to get in as much beach time as possible - and saying lots of prayers!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Oh, it's so beautiful there! I sure do hope that the oil doesn't make it any closer. I'm so sad about the spill. It's in my thoughts constantly. We have friends that were affected by the Exxon oil spill in Alaska, and there are still affects being felt from that, these many years later. I'm holding a good thought for your part of the world Tracy.

Take care,
Lena

Rosemi said...

I love the beach too! I can't wait to go. =)