Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

The girls had a birthday party to attend on Sunday. The gift had been purchased, but I neglected to buy a gift bag or wrapping paper knowing I had gift bags at home. Well so much for knowing! All of my gift bags were Christmas themed which would simply not do for a little girl's birthday. So I did the only thing I could do. I created my own bag!



I used the directions from Homeliving, but I had to tweak them to use what I had on hand.

I started off with a Reese's Puffs cereal box. I cut the top of it and took it out to spray paint white. Kenzie did not think it would work, but she was surprised. After it dried, I brought it in and cut out the handles. I then glued on the cute stationary I found online and had printed out. The flowers have sweet childrens faces in the centers. Then I took glitter glue and outlined the handle cut outs.

Not too shabby, eh?

8 comments:

FlowerLady said...

That was great Tracy. Really a sweet idea and it looks very pretty. The person receiving it could hang on to it to use for something else, instead of just throwing it away.

FlowerLady

Tracy said...

According to my girls, everyone at the party loved the bag & thought it was very creative. I know I had fun making it!

Rhonda said...

very shabby chic actually!

nice job and glad the girls had fun at their party

Laurie said...

That is a wonderful idea! I don't like buying wrapping paper if I can get away with it!
Many years ago I was able to get leftover newspaper roll (blank) from the local paper ~ we used it forever for giftwrap. The kids would decorate it with drawings or ink stamps, stickers, whatever.

sarah said...

very clever, very pretty!!

Rosemi said...

Cool!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Tracy, it turned out wonderful! What a clever idea, and I love that sweet stationary.

Penelope said...

Homeliving is one of my favorite blogs. By the way, I love the new side bar decoration.