Monday, April 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home



I love my comfy couch! The throw pillows have floral pillowcases wrapped around them to give it a fresh look for Spring.

I draped a rose printed sheet over the chair and added a pink blanket. I still need to paint the chairs in the background and recover the seats. Soon!

Another angle of the living room. You can see the front door and coat closet.

I changed the display atop my tv. I now do this every month. It's such fun!

The toy chest turned coffee table. The scarf of the Japanese girl was made for me by my Mama when I was a child.

In the picture window, I placed my sweet birdies with their nests.

Off to the kitchen again....Dishes are washed and there is a sink full of hot, soapy water waiting for more. I had pork chops out to thaw for dinner that night.

I love the pink I Love Lucy sign!

This is our bedroom.

Pretty pictures on the wall...

My side of the bed....filled with books and magazines, of course!

The frilly sign is one I bought from Etsy. It says "Believe".

Alfred side of the bed. Kinda bare and the far wall needs painting. I haven't decided what color yet. Perhaps a Robin Egg Blue?

Thanks for visiting our home!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing us your home. It is beautiful and looks so cozy! I think robin egg blue would be nice in your bedroom. Our bedroom is sky blue and I love it. God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
Your home is so light and bright!
A pretty blue in the bedroom would be very soothing. I don't like picking out paint colors, there are just too many choices.
I like your sofa, I want something in a floral. We need a new one in the worst way and are waiting until we visit my brother in Charleston to go thrifting. They have the nicest used furniture in that area!
Have a wonderful Monday ~

Marqueta said...

Dear Tracy,

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Your home is so lovely and inviting-looking; I can tell that you have put a lot of love into it.

Blessings today,

Marqueta

Penelope said...

Looks like a bed and breakfast, very clean, romantic in some ways, pretty overall.

Mrs. Staggs said...

Your home looks peaceful and calm Tracy, especially your bedroom

I love those beautiful wood floors!

RJ said...

Tracy,

I am still in love with that kitchen... It must be wonderful to be in it every day. and the walls in your bedroom - I love the white panelling. I think robin's egg blue would be very pretty with that. Or a celery green.

Your home is so pretty and cottagey. Just what I love!

Jackie (chl)

Rosemi said...

Lovely!