Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gratitude


This week, I am thankful for:

~ A good rain that began Friday night and lasted throughout the day on Saturday. It has been a very dry Spring here so far, so we needed the rain to help wash away the pollen and water the earth.

~ When cooking burritos the other night, I made more than was needed for dinner which allowed me to make extras to put into the freezer for lunches and snacks during the week.

~ Seeing a oppossum a few mornings ago while Alfred and I sat on the front porch. He came waddling across the street and into our yard. I was so surprised to see a oppossum in the middle of town!

~ My Yorkie, Mr. Cheeky, has begun taking naps with me. He's also been very sassy lately - wanting to get our attention and play. His favorite game is "Gimme that Toy"....we tell him that and he takes off running with his toy. He is a funny little dog and brings a lot of laughter to our lives.
{Mr. Cheeky thinks he is part cat. Here he is on the back of the couch in the sunroom}

~ Taking time out of each day to do things I enjoy, such as reading, writing, stitching, and crafting. I come away feeling happier and rejuvenated.

What are you thankful for this week?


 

No comments: