Sunday, April 04, 2010

Gratitude: Easter Edition

Easter is all about Jesus' resurrection. He took my sins upon himself, though he was perfect and without sin. He suffered crucifixtion and rose again - defeating death and the devil in one fell swoop. He died for me and for you! This week my focus is on Him and what He has done in my life:

~ He saved me and gave me a new life in Christ!

Galatians 3: 2-4 Let me put this question to you: How did your new life begin? Was it by working your heads off to please God? Or was it by responding to God's Message to you? Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren't smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it? Did you go through this whole painful learning process for nothing? It is not yet a total loss, but it certainly will be if you keep this up!

~ He loves me and has a good plan for my life!

1 John 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us.

Romans 8:28 We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.

~ He has gives me hope and renews my strength.

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.


~ He eases my burdens and gives me rest.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [f]good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

~ He gave me a life of abundance.

John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
Sing with me...


Happy Easter!

3 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Lovely gratitude post Tracy.

Have a wonderful Easter Resurrection Day ~ FlowerLady

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

The message you shared and the scripture you've chosen are wonderful, and I love that song!
Have a wonderful Easter.
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

I don't think any sermon heard in church could be as good as what I just read on your blog. Happy Easter and God bless, Kathy in Illinois