Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter and a Staycation



Alfred & Kendall are on their way to get Joel and I've been busy in the kitchen once again. I whipped up a double batch of pancakes, baked a cake for Alfred's birthday, and boiled eggs for the girls to dye this evening. Later I'll peel & boil potatoes for tomorrow's potato salad. I have a ham thawing in the fridge for Easter dinner and still need to figure out what to serve for dinner tonight.

Other than a quick library run to pick up books that came in for me, I'll be home cleaning, doing laundry, and organizing all of my coupons. I have a stack of magazines that I haven't had time to go through and I'm hoping to get to those today as well. I'll have a full day. There is always something that needs to tending to.

Alfred is on vacation, returning to work on April 12th, so postings will likely be sporadic at best. We have plans to go to the beach and do some work in the yard. I want to enjoy this week with my man as much as possible.

May your day be blessed!

5 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

hope you all have a wonderful staycation week.

And I know just what you mean about there is always something to do - and other people think we homemakers must be bored. Not me!
and I don't think you are either

Gayla said...

Happy Easter! Loved your post. . .

sarah said...

happy easter :-) your life is so lovely and tranquil (albeit busy!)

Rhonda said...

Tracy, I loved your post. Taking care of our homes & families can make for a full day. When I'm asked for my occupation, I always say that I'm "home manager" for the Roberts family (I've actually put it on forms). After over 36 years, I was due for a management position! :-)
Have a blessed Easter and time with your family.

Rhonda

Sandcastle Momma said...

I hope y'all have a great Easter! Have fun at the beach and remember those chores will wait - go outside and enjoy!!