Thursday, April 22, 2010

Choices

At times I feel make life too complicated. I am always searching for the missing piece of the puzzle to, what I believe, will make my life complete. And thus, the endless cycle ensues and the never-ending search continues.

Until today.

Today I am choosing to focus on joy. I chose to marry and have children. This is the life I chose and it's up to me to make the most of it. Instead of chasing the wind of something more, I am embracing what is. There is joy in the journey, but I miss out on so much when I fail to see the beauty of the life I am living here and now!

Life is never perfect. Sometimes it can be downright messy. But we wouldn't appreciate the rainbows in life if we hadn't been through the storms.

5 comments:

Debra said...

Great post! And it came to me while reading it that there is always something more in the life we have chosen. What remains is for us to daily find that something more-- the deeper joy and meaning and treasures we have in the life we've chosen. Blessings, Debra

FlowerLady said...

Lovely and oh so true post Tracy.

We can either search out the beauty and joys of each day, or dwell in the negative and bring ourselves down.

FlowerLady

sarah said...

very wise :-)

Laurie said...

I often feel we create our own joy and our attitude toward how we live our life makes all the difference:)

I like your book list widget. You have inspired me...

Penelope said...

I always say, I can have it all, but one thing at a time. Now, I'm a mother and wife, and it's a good time in my life.