Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Love

The weather was absolutely divine today - the sun was shining, blue skies with a light breeze. It was just too pretty to stay indoors so I decided to tackle an area in the backyard that was overgrown with weeds. Along with the girls help, we made quick work of it. The area looks so much better! I plan to tackle another area tomorrow.

This afternoon, I enjoyed the outdoors a bit more as I sat on the front porch and wrote in my journal and enjoyed several glasses of ice water. Being outdoors relaces me and soothes my spirit. I love to watch the squirrels run and leap through the trees and watch the birds flit here and there. I've noticed many are building nests! We also noticed new blooms in the yard - trees are getting Spring leaves and there are new flowers to admire. Spring is such an exciting time of year - full of wonder and awe!

I hope you are enjoying Spring as much as I am!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

It was a beautiful day to work in the yard. I pulled weeds last week, so this week I've planted a climbing rose to provide shade for my swing this summer. I agree that spring is exciting! I love to see new buds on the roses and leaves on the trees. There is also some nest building going on around here. The wrens are being very secretive. I'm afraid Miss Priss might be considering the garage or the wheel well of my husband's truck!
Enjoy another nice day tomorrow Tracy.