Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rose-Colored Glasses



I have never been one to follow a schedule, but decided to create a flexible homemaking routine for myself in order to keep on top of my homemaking. I listed things that need to be done daily, others on an as needed basis, and each day has a focus area. Already this has reduced the feeling of being overwhelmed and I still have time to do things I enjoy.

Some homemaking tasks are not as enjoyable as others. I decided that I will no longer complain about them. Instead I will enjoy each and every task. Work is good for us. Even Adam and Eve had to tend the Garden of Eden! My home-keeping is indeed labor, but it is also a labor of love as I strive to create a peaceful haven for myself and my family.

So often we find ourselves stuck in a rut and in need of a change. When you find yourself murmuring and complaining, it's a sign that change is needed. Only you can decide to change and you can only change yourself - not your husband or children, etc.

Sow seeds of love, peace, and joy. Make sure you're spending time in prayer and in the Word of God each day. Be thankful in everything! Squeeze every last ounce of joy out of each day. Decide - today - to look upon life with rose-colored glasses.  

5 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Nice post Tracy.

FlowerLady

Laurie said...

I think my rose~colored glasses have gotten fogged up lately. I guess I need to take them off and clean em'!
I hope you have a beautiful day Tracy!

sarah said...

you have a beautiful perspective :-)

Rosemi said...

God bless you Tracy! I'm going to make sure I'm wearing mine too. Thank you. Love, Rosemi

Deborah said...

You wouldn't be a flybaby would you? Sounds like a very familiar routine. Rose is such a lovely color for seeing our world isn't it!