Sunday, March 07, 2010

Quiet Morning


All is quiet here this morning. I was up early with Alfred as he got ready for his last day of drill this weekend. I made him coffee and cranked the car so it would be warm for him when he left. He'll be home for lunch around 11am.

The girls had two newly-made friends stay the night. They had a blast as was obvious with all the squeals and giggles we heard. I'm glad they had a good time and have friends to play with.

The weather was so lovely yesterday! It grew to be quite warm which was surprising to me. I got sun on my face and arms as I sat out on the front porch soaking in the sun's golden warmth.

I spend a good amount of time in my kitchen cooking and baking. Last night we had fried flounder and homemade mac and cheese. I made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. I have tried a few new recipes lately to add some variety to our meals. It's so easy to get stuck in a food rut. The girls like to help in the kitchen, too, when they aren't playing in the great outdoors.

I have missed a few days of my morning time....I need to get back to it. I like to read my Bible then write out my prayers in a journal. Usually, the Lord will bring a Scripture or two to mind that is fitting for whatever issues I have prayed about and I write those down as well.

I love being home with my family going about my daily tasks with their comfort in mind, praying as I work. Life right now is calm, peaceful, and blessed.

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I too like quiet time in the morning before the hustle & bustle of life comes bounding in. I have my coffee and read some scriptures from a list specifically for Lent. I too have missed my quiet time the last couple of mornings. I will resume tomorrow before my teenager gets ready for school. I will pray God's protection for her as she goes out into the daily world, because it can get pretty rough out there.

Jackie said...

Sounds like a really nice weekend. I need to get back to my morning time too it makes such a difference in my day.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Jackie

The Muse said...

sweetness...in the quiet...
come read the Sunday prayer
www.adivashammer.com

thank you for sharing your kindness of the soul this Sunday...it was lovely!

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy ~
It finally feels like Spring has arrived. I noticed lots of buds this morning on our Azalea bushes. Yeah!
I might stop by for a piece of that carrot cake ~
Have a beautiful Sunday!!

sarah said...

What a lovely time. You sound like such a great mother, the sort I wish I could be.

Sharon said...

It's time for me to change our menus up a bit as we are stuck in a rut. Your carrot cake sounds good! My daughter is going to be baking one this week for her fiance's birthday. YUM!!!