Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Daybook


For Today - March 16, 2010



Outside my window... it is chilly, but warms up nicely in the afternoons. Still a bit too breezy for my tastes, but it's not bad if I sit on the south side of the house. 



I am thinking... of ways to bless my husband. 


I am thankful for... warmer days, my hard-working husband, a good night's sleep,



From the kitchen... Kenzie (age 9) baked a cake yesterday all by herself!


I am wearing... still in pajamas and robe but will be getting dressed soon to go get my hair cut.


I am creating... a cozy, comfortable home for my family each and every day.


I am going... to try to cut out all sodas. It won't be easy for me to give up.



I am reading... my Bible and How Not to Look Old by Charla Krupp 



I am hoping... to hit the gym tonight and be home in time to watch The Biggest Loser.


I am hearing... birds singing and squirrels barking in alarm.


Around the house...sweeping and vacuuming, laundry, watering flowers... 


One of my favorite things...laughing with my husband. He can always make me laugh.


A few plans for the rest of the week... girls doctor appointment on Wednesdasy, grocery shopping on Thursday, going with Alfred to a dive team meetingon Saturday...


A picture for sharing...

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Love your blog, it is so refreshing. Is that your home in the header? Lovely! Have a great week. ~ Laurie

Sandcastle Momma said...

It always sounds so lovely at your house.
I'm in the process of giving up soda as well and it's not going very well. Let me know if you come up with something to help overcome the "I'd walk 20 miles to the store for a coke right now" feeling!

Stephani said...

Nice daybook Tracy! You can give up all sodas, I know you can! I gave them up 1 1/2 years ago. I haven't slipped up once. Just make the decision and do it! I only drink tea and water now. I do have an occassional lemonade during the summer or a hot chocolate during the winter for a treat, but no soda! Have a good day!

Jackie said...

Your daybook is so fun to read...it's fun to see what other people are doing. Cutting out sodas? I kind of have a thing for diet coke...that would be really hard for me. My son is 9 years old too!

Have a great day.
Jackie

sarah said...

You are cutting your hair again? Is it just a trim? Or are you planning a number one style? ;-)

Congratulations to your dd on her cake. Your life sounds so warmly domestic, your children are going to have such great memories of home.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to cut out sodas too. Let me know what works for you!!! God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Tracy said...

Laurie, no that is not my home, but isn't it gorgeous??

Kathy, Jacki, and Sandcastle Mama - I cut out caffiene nearly a year ago. I just switched to caffiene-free Coke. I love sodas, but I need to lose this extra weight so the sodas must go!

Stephani - good for you for giving up sodas!

I'll keep you all updated on my progress. :)

Sarah, as you know my hair was already short, but I really was not happy with the cut. I found a new hair stylist and she is awesome! I'll post a picture soon!

Penelope said...

That is so sweet, that you think of ways to bless your husband :)

My husband and I were talking about who little man might marry one day (he is only 3 months and change, but this is how i think already!) and I said I hope there are good women out there when he grows up, because the world is changing. I hope he marries someone who wants to make him happy, and who is a good person.

I'm astounded that a nine year old can bake a cake! I don't drink sodas, but I drink way too much coffee.

How is the book by Krupp?

Lauri said...

Like your new hairstyle. I am getting mine done today, thank goodness. Way over due. Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

Tammy Lee Carpentier Bradley said...

Once again, a great daybook and delightful blog. Tam

http://bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com/