Monday, March 01, 2010

Life


Life has been so grand lately, filed with goodness at every turn. I am incredibly thankful for blessings big or small. I have gotten back into my baking - homemade doughnuts and Mississippi Mud Cake were my latest treats. I love seeing my family enjoying good food I prepared myself from scratch.

Kendall did a Discover Scuba class Saturday. It's an introduction to scuba diving and I think he's hooked. This is a photo of him underwater checking his gauge. The girls also want to take dive classes. I think it is awesome that they are willing to try new things and gain new experiences and skills.

We joined the YMCA through Alfred's work and I have been enjoying getting in good workouts and working up a sweat. The Y's employees are super friendly and helpful and it is a family-friendly place. We are going to put our membership to good use!

I just made up a pan of lasagne for tonight's dinner. This is an easy dish to make and with my recipe you don't have to pre-cook the noodles. You just make it up in the morning, cover with foil and let it sit in the fridge until you're ready to bake it. I'll share the actual recipe soon once I find my cookbook. {All of my books are still in boxes.}

Well I have chatted long enough. It's time for me to get busy here at home!
xx

2 comments:

Thou Art Jules said...

It's amazing how good home cooked meals can make us feel! Since being out of work in September I have started learning how to make tons of things from scratch.

We've made homemade butter (yummy!), I've learned to make alfredo sauce, homemade pizza crust, pizza sauce, breadsticks, marinara sauce and the list goes on and on! It makes me feel terrific and the family seems to love it too. Especially when I get the kids involved in making them too :-)

Peace be with you!
Julia

Terri said...

Tracy I did lasagna this past weekend. Like you I don't cook the noodles before hand. I used my crockpot to make mine. It was awesome!