Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Getting Stronger


Alfred, Kayla, and I had a good workout at the gym last night. I am slowly building up my stamina on the elliptical. Whereas previously I could only stay on it 6-8 minutes, last night I stayed on it for 15 minutes with 2,000 strides. Talk about a workout! Whew - you can feel the burn! Afterwards I did walked on the treadmill and then we hit the weight machines. 

I am beginning to love going to the gym! I feel so good after working out. At first I was kinda shy about working out in front of other people, but now I just get in there and get to work. I realized that everyone has to start somewhere and people aren't paying as much attention to you as you may think they are. Also, I am stronger than I give myself credit for!

We are planning to work out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays (when Alfred and Kendall are not gone to scuba class) we'll use the pool and hot tub to soothe sore muscles. We are also working on eliminating the junk from our diet and replacing those things with healthier options. It is absolutely a lifestyle change for me.

This morning I have been busy tackling my homemaking and there is more yet to do. But I love it and wouldn't change it for the world! I tidied and rearranged the pantry, have a load of laundry drying and one in the washer waiting to be dried, and washed dishes. Yet to be done is: vacuum carpets, mop living room and kitchen, tidy and disinfect bathroom, rearrange the bathroom closet, tidy my desk and do a little yardwork.

This afternoon I'm to take Kendall to the dentist and then we'll visit Mama for a bit before coming home to prepare dinner and watch Biggest Loser tonight.

What are your plans for the day? 

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Good for you Tracy! It took me awhile to make exercise a habit and now I can't imagine life without it.

I am still in the midst of Spring cleaning ~ keeping things fresh and pretty never ends, but I find it enjoyable as well.

Wishing you a wonderful day!
Hugs))

Stephani said...

You're inspiring me to get back to my workouts! Glad you are enjoying the process!

Rosemi said...

Yaaaay! I bet you can zip through chores much faster too. I can feel your adrenalin through your post! Good for you!

Carolyn said...

My, you sound busy...and happy! My plan is to try to get over this cold that one of my kids has given me. So it looks like my spring cleaning is going to take a little longer than anticipated.

Good for you to be working out consistently...it feels so good doesn't it? That's next on my list (after getting the house in order). I was so ill all winter that working out wasn't possible, so know I have to start from scratch. Oh well!

Keep it up! It's truly encouraging to read about the success of others. :)