Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Daybook

FOR TODAY... from Tracy's Daybook
*
Outside my window...the sun is shining and there is an easterly breeze.
*
I am thinking...about taking the girls to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie.
*
I am thankful for... the warmer weather!
*
I am wearing...jeans and a t-shirt - no jacket needed!
*
I am remembering...today is my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday, Shelly!
*
I am going...work diligently and cheerfully.
*
I am currently reading... Lessons at Blackberry Inn  by Karen Andreola and My Delicious Life with Paula Deen by Michael Groover
*
I am hoping...to do yardwork this weekend.
*
On my mind...reducing our grocery expense.
*
Noticing that...the jasmine is beginning to bloom!
*
Pondering these words...from Luke 11:10-13
"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children. And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?"
*
From the kitchen... baked salmon filets, baked potatoes, a salad and green beans
*
Around the house...clean my bathroom, wash bed linens, tidy sun/gameroom
*
One of my favorite things~ beautiful flowers of all kinds.
*
From my picture journal...
*


Please visit Peggy's blog to find more Daybooks!

7 comments:

Marie said...

I enjoyed reading your journal entry and the flower picture you chose is so pretty.
Have a great week.
Love,
Marie

Jane said...

Tracy, I'm not sure that my previous comment went through before. Just wanted to say that I love your notes from your day book. Wonderful practice of recording all your thoughts. I agree in asking God for exactly what you want. I think it's one area where we can all be a little selfish :)

Laurie said...

Isn't it nice to finally have some warmer weather? We are in for some rain though...but it will make the flowers grow!
What a pretty picture, love the blue.
Hugs:)
P.S.Thanks for the support Tracy.

Jackie said...

I enjoyed reading your journal entry. Both of the books you're reading look good and I'll have to check them out. Love the photo.

Jackie

Tammy Lee Carpentier Bradley said...

I gasped when your screen popped open! I love your house! Ummm, can I move in? Thanks for Sharing your Daybook. Have a good evening.

Penelope said...

What a beautiful Bible quote!

Did you see Alice in Wonderland after all? How was it?

Tracy said...

Penelope, we have not had the chance to see it yet. Hopefully soon!