Thursday, March 18, 2010

Backyard Love


I love to look out upon the yard when the grass is freshly mown...

to see trees and the fire-pit...

and our girls playing out in the sun.

I love watching nature unfold.

I love our little "cement" pond. We have to seal a few cracks and get a pump, then will add goldfish and lilypads.

Red berries add a splash of color to green bushes.

Jasmine is blooming...

It smells so sweet!

The overgrown raised veggie bed needs a complete overhaul. We'll get to work on that soon and put in tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and other veggies.

The fire-pit needs a little work. The cedar tree will have to come down. I'll also clear out the raised brick flower bed and plant colorful blooms.

I love sweet kitties, like Clover running to me...

 tiny pink blooms...

and plenty of space.

Standing at the back of the yard looking toward the house.

Another shot...

and another!

Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?

From my outdoors loving heart to yours,

10 comments:

Jackie said...

ooohhh....I can't wait to see you yard and gardens in full bloom. Looks like you are well on your way to spring. It's finally showing up here a little too...except for the pesky snow we're supposed to get on Saturday...sigh...smile.

Have a great evening,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely yard, Tracy. It will be fun for you to make it like you want it! God bless, Kathy in Illinois

The Muse said...

There is no place like home~and your yard has just the right amount of sweetness!!

mmmm not sure about the tree...my DIL is a horticulturist, bet she would know!

FlowerLady said...

Wow Tracy, what a wonderful backyard space. I love it. The little pond is wonderful, and so is your fireplace. I can't wait to see what you do to put your own personal stamp on the place. I'm sure it will be lovely. Enjoy.

Your new home is great and I am happy for you and your family to have found it.

Happy Spring ~ Happy Gardening

FlowerLady

~~Anne said...

Enjoyed looking at the pictures of your backyard. I'd love to have a fire pit like that! Hopefully you'll have pictures to share when all the flower beds are planted and in bloom. :)
I think the plant in question is a Rhododendron.

~~Anne

Debra said...

How lovely! Some places in your yard look quite exotic--love that--and I'm so enjoying hearing about your new adventures! Thanks for your birthday wishes, too, I appreciated them. Blessings, Debra

Laurie said...

Everything will be so beautiful - can't wait to see summer pictures! The plant/tree that you posted is a Rhododendron. You'll have to wait for the blooms to see what color the flowers are - they could be red, white or pink :) They are just beautiful in full bloom :)
Laurie

miss*R said...

I thought Rhododendron too.. I have one in my new home to come ;)

I love all your garden photos.. but no goldfish :( - let the frogs lay eggs and have tadpoles instead.. goldfish eat tadpoles and dragonfly larvae..

Jen said...

What a lovely space! Thank you for sharing it with us. =)

Missy said...

Tracy you have a lot of potential for a beautiful yard! God is so good that he gave us beautiful things in nature to admire!