Saturday, February 20, 2010

Welcome Home

Joy is a flower that blooms when you do. ~Author Unknown

Welcome to our home!

Earlier this week, I purchased these two beautiful bougainvilla plants from a sweet old lady who was having a plant sale a block away from our home.
 
I love adding cheerful colors to our home - indoors and out.


Pink blooms


Purple blooms

The sweet old lady shared with me that she is opening a little shop right on the corner which should be open by the first of March. I'm not sure if it will be a thift type store or what, but she'll also be holding art classes, too!

I asked if there would be painting classes and she said yes and asked if I was a painter. I shared with her that I was not, but I had always wanted to paint. She said everyone has talents and that she would be looking for me once her shop opened. She was so sweet!

What is so weird is that I was just talking to Alfred the day before about wanting to get into arts & crafts and try my hand at painting!

Kismet?

It never ceases to amaze me that when I step out in faith, the next step is illuminated.

4 comments:

Caspers och hans mamma said...

The flowers are absolutely beautiful!

Suzie Ridler said...

Welcome home! I am so crazy happy for you Tracy, this is such a joyous and big deal. And how cool that you will be able to be taking those art classes you wanted to take? Kismet indeed!

FlowerLady said...

Lovely entry into your new home. How nice about the art classes. Enjoy.

FlowerLady

The Muse said...

great news about your classes...perhaps you will paint your new flowers as your first canvas ?
lovely!