Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Six more weeks....

...of Winter according to the groundhog! I know many of us are longing for warm Spring days, but Mother Nature can not be rushed. She will not return with her sunshiny days until she is good and ready to. Whatever shall we do?

We shall make the best of these Winter days, dearies. 

Winter is the time for daydreams and making plans. Browse through your garden catalogs and plan your Spring garden. Read your way through your stack of magazines and books that you haven't had time for. Make a collage. Learn to crochet, knit, or stitch. Try a new recipe. Bake treats for your family. Watch good movies - old favorites and new.

Choose a day of the week and make it your spa day. We all need a little pampering. Listen to music as you go about your home duties. Host a potluck dinner with family and friends. Declutter your home and donate the good stuff to charity. Become a bird-watcher. Take notice of nature's changes. Play cards or board games with your family. Keep a journal. Pray more. Offer up praise even more. Exercise. Count your blessings.

Spring will come. She always does.

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb  

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Tracy!
I love this post...thanks for reminding me to take notice of the simple things and joys of winter...I will definitely count my blessings...

The Muse said...

The Muse invites you to visit her new posts at~
www.adivashammer.com (prose)
www.mysterymeatloaf.blogspot.com (just for fun)
www.myladydujour.com (design)
www.adivashammer.blogspot.com (word games)


So true, your words....reminded us, ever so gently, not to wish our time away...

Soon, very soon...we will be seeing the delights of another season...but for now we should relish the glories of what is all about us..the here and now :)

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
Your blog looks so pretty!
I saw poor old Punxatawny Phil on the Weather Channel this morning. I don't know if I can stand another six weeks of Winter. But I do like your list, and I have oh so many blessings to count...
Hugs:)

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Love that proverb! I adore that picture of the deer!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Everything looks so pretty here today, Tracy. What a pretty photograph of the deer.

We are actually quite different from the rest of the country these days, and are having very mild temperatures. Crocus are blooming! Even if it's a false spring, I'm enjoying it, but I do love winter too...for all the reasons that you've mentioned.

Take care.
Lena

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

What a wonderful post. I do get more inside things done during the Winter months, and after Christmas things slow down and I just love it.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Blessings,
Marcia

cathleen said...

Just stopped in to say Hi Tracy and tell you I am thinking of you and your big move. Not happy about six more weeks of winter but...what can you do?