Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kitchen Corners part 1


Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration. ~Charles Dickens

Today I would like to show you part of my kitchen. Here we are looking at the left side of the counter and my new flat top stove. The wicker basket holds my pink dish towels and cloths. I love the little light on the underside of the cabinet!

We also had to buy a new refrigerator. The notepad on the front is by Mary Englebreit with the days of the week listed on the left hand side for writing out your menu and room to make a shopping list on the right. Beside it is a Valentine magnet. The rest are on the side of the fridge.

I like to make my work as lovely as possible so I use Dawn dish detergent with its Apple Blossom scent. I picked up a Fresh Cotton candle from Walmart yesterday. It has three wicks and only cost $3.50...a small price to pay to make my work enjoyable.

Tomorrow I will share the rest of my kitchen and the pantry.

Thank you for visiting our new home!

6 comments:

Civilla said...

I like that -- very homey and inviting. Thanks for sharing.

sarah said...

what a sweet little kitchen.

I like the small touches you use to make your work more enjoyable.

Ariadone said...

Thank you for sharing this of your new home.
Meaby a tip ? Wouldn't you like to have your refrigerator doors so open on the other side ( the right instead of the left ) since you cook nexct to it on the right side.
But off course I can't see how it works with a dinnertable or the entrance to the kitchen.
I easily switched the doors of my refrigerator so I wouldn't have to walk all around the door to open and close. Most refrigerators come with this simple possibility now adays.
Any way it worked for me so fine, thought I'd share it with you.
Have fun in your new kitchen, Tracey

The Muse said...

Tracey, I just Love the cottage retro feel! How very nice!! :)

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Tracy.

Thank yu visiting my blog today.

Looks like you have been very busy with your new home.

How exciting it is to be decorating your new home! Beautiful!

Wishing you a wonderful evening.
Hugs, Sharon

Angela said...

Sweet kitchen Tracy...I hope you are enjoying setting up housekeeping in your new home.

Richest Blessings on your new abode :)

Angela