Friday, February 12, 2010

Frozen

We never did get any snow - only rain. The girls are sorely disappointed, but such is life when you live in the deep South.

Alfred is gone. He just left for two weeks of Army training. Neither of us likes to be apart, but it is a part of being in the military. At least when this is done, he won't have to go anywhere for a while {knock on wood}.

I haven't accomplished a thing on the house today as I wanted to spend as much time with my man as possible before he left. But I fully expect to have the house completely unpacked and in order by the time he returns. Yes, I will!

Stay warm and cozy...
xx

6 comments:

Civilla said...

I remember those military days....now our son is in the military. We probably won't see him for a year. Wish I could send you some of our snow!

Sandcastle Momma said...

We didn't get any snow here and not only are the kids disappointed - so am I!
At least you got into the new house before he leaves so you'll have plenty to keep you busy. The time will fly by.

Rhonda in OK said...

If I lived close, I'd come help you unpack - we moved so many times while Jeff was in the Marines, I was pretty good after the 10th or 11th move :)

when we moved to town from the country, I was so ready to move and so organized, we had everything unpacked the day we moved and even parked both our cars in the garage the first night.

hope everything keeps going smoothly

is Alfred elgible for anykind of disability with his back?

cathleen said...

Just wanted you know, I'm thinking of you in your cozy little house. Loving your home photos, Tracy. Take care.

Mrs.Rabe said...

I just wanted to thank your husband for his service to our country and to thank you for your sacrifice as a family!

God Bless You!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Tracy, your new home looks so lovely, and it has all those wonderful plants and trees in the garden too. I'm so happy for you, and your family, and very glad that Alfred will be staying close to home for awhile. I remember those days, from when I was young, and my Dad was in the Army. I think we are in for an early spring in our part of the world. Even our mountains have had less snow than usual, which isn't a good thing for us, as our snow melt is where much of our water comes from. Hopefully, we won't have a water shortage this summer. That takes a lot of the fun out of having a garden.