Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flying Free and Shining

My son, my firstborn - Kendall - is now a licensed driver!

Oh, how the years have flown swiftly by. My once little boy is quickly growing into a man. How hard it is to let go, to let him spread his wings and fly. I always knew this day would come, but my Mama-heart still wants to shield and protect againt unforseen dangers. Hard as it may be, I will let my boy fly free and shine.

I will wait quietly in the shadows for those times that he needs me.

4 comments:

sarah said...

congratulations Kendall!!

Tracy, you really don't look old enough to have a driving child.

The Muse said...

Congrats! and may he drive with a higher power at his side :)

Loved your words Tracy...a true voice of a caring MOM :)

Tracy said...

Awwww, thanks Sarah! :)

The Muse, may it be so! Thank you for your kind comment.

The Girl in the Pink Dress said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog.
It was encouraging to read them.
It really is amazing how time flies by, isn't it? I'm sure your boy appreciates you being there!
The Girl in the Pink Dress