Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Daybook for February 16th


FOR TODAY... from Tracy's Daybook
*
Outside my window...the sun is shining but it is still so very cold.
*
I am thinking...about Spring. Surely, it can't be much longer now!
*
I am thankful for...blessings, big and small. 
*
I am wearing...jeans and a warm long-sleeved purple top.
*
I am remembering...how much fun it is to craft and create things. Last night I made signs for each of my children to hang in their rooms. {Pictures to come soon!}
*
I am going...to try to take a nap today. I've been getting up before 5am and it's catching up to me.
*
I am currently reading...a stack of books!
Lessons at Blackberry Inn: Adverntures with the Gentle Art of Learning by Karen Andreola
Taking Flight: Inspiration & Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings by Kelly Rae Roberts
Paula Deen's memoir - It Ain't All About the Cookin' 
*
I am hoping...that Kendall passes his driver's test today!
*
On my mind...all that I have left to do around the house still. It will all be done in good time.
*
Noticing that...no one comes out of their homes on our street. I hope that changes once it warms up. I feel like we're living in a ghost town.
*
Pondering these words...from Proverbs 31: 27 "She watches over the affairs of her household

and does not eat the bread of idleness."
*
From the kitchen... I'm baking a chocolate cake today.
*
Around the house...still settling in.
*
One of my favorite things~Alfred coming home for lunch each day.
*
From my picture journal...a pretty country kitchen:


Please visit Peggy's blog to find more Daybooks!


Thank you for visiting!

9 comments:

catherinestaat said...

Just stopping by to say hello! :)

xo Cat

catherinestaat said...

Just stopping by to say hello! :)

xo Cat

Stephani said...

Nice post today. I love that country kitchen! I did tell you I have green, pink, and white in my kitchen and dining area. I love this. Anxious to see the signs you made!

The Muse said...

i hope he passes his test as well...they don't stay young long, do they?

loved your Bible verse for the day!
and the kitchen pic is too cute.

no sunshine here yet...but we are praying for it!

come see me...
www.myladydujour.com
or www.adivashammer.com
when you have time, i'll put the tea kettle on!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Good luck to Kendall today. Such days are huge in a young person's life, thus that makes them huge in a mom's life too. Your lists are always pleasant to read Tracy. I hope your day is a happy one.

Take care.

Rhonda said...

Hi, great daybook post. Ours started out the same...cold and wanting spring. ;o)

Cute picture.

sarah said...

Your weblog looks so pretty today :-) I wish Kendall good luck with his driver's test! And I would love to read your reviews of the books you are reading, especially the Dodd and Andreola books.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Lovely words to ponder. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Stephani, I think you have shared with me before about your kitchen colors. A girl after my own heart! I'd love to see pictures sometime. :)

Sarah, I thought immediately of you when I began reading Sandra Dodd's book. I think you would like it much better than The Teenage liberation Handbook. I'll post a review when I'm done with the book.

Rhonda and Happy Cottage Quilter - It's a pleasure to meet you both! Thank you for visiting. I'll try to get by both of your blogs soon.