Sunday, January 03, 2010

Our Trip


After we dropped Joel off, Alfred and I had a wonderful time on the drive home. We talked about all sorts of things and discovered new things about each other that were previously unknown. These moments of real communication are rare, as Alfred is generally a man of few words when it comes to expressing emotion, but these are the moments I live for. It reminds me of the reasons why I fell in love with him and our bond grows stronger.


On our trip, we stopped at my favorite convenient store, Stuckey's. They have all sorts of tin signs, 50s memorobilia, books, and knic-knacks. I picked up this I Love Lucy license plate. Back in October when we went to visit Joel and see his football game, I picked up this Marilyn Monroe tag (shown below). Aren't they cute?



We received devastating news from a married couple that Alfred is friends with. Their only child, a son, passed away yesterday from a drug overdose. He was only 20 years old. It is a grim reminder that we are not promised tomorrow.

No comments: