Friday, January 01, 2010

A New Year - 2010




We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce


I love the start of a new journal with it's crisp white pages, blank, ready for me to write my story. The srart of a New Year is much the same. We get a fresh start, a blank slate, to start over fresh and new. What story will you write for yourself this year?

I normally write out a long {and unrealistic} list of resolutions for each New Year, but decided to do something different in the name of simplicity for this year. As the new year dawns, I am focusing on one simple theme.

Love.

Love for God. Love for my husband and children. Love for my extended family and my fellow man {and woman}. Love for myself and for my home. I want to focus on building stronger relationships with those closet to me and to just plain be good to people; to give others the benefit of the doubt; to encourage and support others in their good works and endeavors.

After all, love is the most important thing.

2 comments:

Mrs. Staggs said...

Hi Tracy,

I love the start of a new year too. It makes me feel better to know that for at least one day, a great number of people take at least a few minutes to notice the passing of the time, and reflect on life, and all that it means to them.

There couldn't be any goal more nobler than loving, I think.

Rosetta said...

That's an excellent way to start the year, I believe.