Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Laundry, Books, and Home



Last night the washer broke while washing a load of laundry. I'm so thankful that Alfred was able to identify the problem and located a replacement part for less than $22. Tonight he will repair the washer and I will be a happy wife and laundress once more!




Right now I am reading Katrina Kenison's wonderful book, Mitten Strings for God, and The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I am currently waiting on Katrina Kenison's follow up book, The Gift of An Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir and Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne. I have felt very uninspired lately and not up to reading much of anything, but I feel my love for reading is blooming once more - like Spring whos return is slow and leisurely.



Things are coming along just dandy with the house. Oh, I am looking forward to getting everything moved in and unpacked. Being able to turn the house into a cozy home will be work, yes, but such fun!

Alfred is going to build floor-to-ceiling bookshelves in the office/learning room for all of our books and in the girls' room to hold their dolls, books, music cd's, and pretties in lovely baskets. I shall paint the shelves white. I figure we will save money making our own bookshelves and they will be far sturdier than the not-so-cheap partical board ones you find in stores.

May you have a lovely afternoon!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

It sounds like you are having such fun planning your future home.
Any thing you can do yourselves will surely save money, not to mention it is more unique!
Hope you are having lovely afternoon too!