Monday, January 04, 2010

January 4th Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Tracy's Daybook
*
Outside my window...there is a brisk nothern wind and gray skies. It is cold!
*
I am thinking...and longing for Spring.
*
I am thankful for... my sink being fixed, a husband who can fix nearly anything, and our home.
*
I am wearing...layers of clothing to ward of the chill.
*
I am remembering...the three deer I saw along the road yesterday as the sun was setting!
*
I am going...to accompany Alfred to the funeral of the couple who lost their son over the weekend to drug overdose.
*
I am currently reading... Janette Oke's Canadian West series (4 books in 1):
 When Calls the Heart (1983)
 When Comes the Spring (1985)
 When Breaks the Dawn (1985)
 When Hope Springs New (1986)
And I see there are two new books in the series:
Beyond the Gathering Storm (1990)
When Tomorrow Comes (2001)
*
I am hoping...that 2010 is a good year.
*
On my mind...cutting expenses even more to stay within our budget.
*
Noticing that...my children are growing up so fast and I am growing older.
*
Pondering these words...By sowing frugality we reap liberty, a golden harvest. ~Agesilaus
*
From the kitchen... Cheesy potato soup and cornbread
*
Around the house...major cleaning today is needed after the holidays and Joel's week-long visit.
*
One of my favorite things~ Fleece pajamas pants
*
From my picture journal...
*
Dreaming of Spring...

Please visitr Peggy's blog to find more Daybooks!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I was so sorry to read about the young man that passed away. I can't even imagine, my prayers go out to his family.
We seem to be on the same page in many ways...dreaming of Spring, thinking of ways to stay within budget, and the home needing a good cleaning.
Stay warm. That cheesy potato soup sounds so good!
Hugs))

The Muse said...

your journal entries are very heartfelt and beautiful.

Susan in SC said...

Could you bring some soup here to warm us? I'm sorry about Alfred's friend's loss. That is so tragic and sad.

~Missy~ said...

So sorry to hear of Alfred's friend's loss!!
I adore the Jannette Oke books...that is an excellent series!