Thursday, January 14, 2010

Houses and Headaches



Truly, I had no idea of the amount of paperwork involved in buying a house! I know it will be worth it in the end and this is the first and the last time ever that we will have to do this.

I spent yesterday calling around for insurance quotes and gathering paperwork together, for Friday's meeting with the mortgage advisor for the signing of the loan documents, that I had acquired a headache. I was out of ibuprophen so took Tylenol PM instead. Two hours later I could barely hold my eyes open! It took me a while to figure out what made me so sleepy (because I didn't think the Tylenol worked before, but I had taken it before bed then). I went to bed at 7:30pm which is unheard of for me.

Since Mama works at a grocery store, she is going to start bringing boxes home on stock days - Tuesdays and Thursdays - which will aid me in my decluttering as well as to start packing up the things we do not need (knic-knacks, pictures, etc). There is no sense in waiting to the last minute and becoming stressed and frazzled for no good reason.

I wonder what today will bring?

6 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Tracy ~ Just take each day as it comes. Sorry you got a headache, but I can perfectly understand that with what you are starting to do. Hang in there, ask God for strength and do what you can. Pretty soon, you'll be making that new house your 'home sweet home'.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

The Muse said...

Breathe in...breathe out...
And give the Lord a phonecall :)

Moving rates up there as one of the all time stress high
Please take care, and remember the joy that is unfolding in your life....

Debbi said...

buying a house is a major life event!
Have mama bring lots of apple and banana boxes, they are perfect for the heavy stuff.
Love the Susan Rios image you posted, she is one of my fave artists!

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
I remember all that paperwork, yes it is enough to give anyone a headache.
That is the way to go about it, a bit at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.
Hope your headache is gone!
Hugs))

P.S. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

Ariadone said...

But Tracey, As you days now are so intense of much new to you stuff too..it is excellent to sleep long hours, turn in early ( met de kippen op stok ) ...that way you will hardly suffer headaches, because your nervoussystem gets time to recover itself.
No worry: ...step by step and learning about the game of bying and selling also.
I put up Rodin;s "Thinker"on my weblog, to remind me to take some time to meditate and not spurr into action all the time.
Good luck to you; it's such fun: your own house !
Godeliva van Ariadone

Suzie Ridler said...

I know, it's insane. Imagine getting 2 days notice the movers were coming and that you had 10 days at Christmas to buy a house and close including the holiday days. Miserable. Although I must say I can not wait to find out more about your home Tracy. Way to go, I am so happy for you!