Thursday, January 28, 2010

House News



As it stands now, we will close on our house on Monday, February 1st, and will take possession of it that day! We started the paperwork on January 11th and it's hard to believe that a mere three weeks later we will be homeowners.

We are working with great people, to be sure, and we stay on top of things. Whatever information was requested, we were able to provide that day or the following one. I'm sure that helped to speed things along.

If we close as planned, two of Alfred's sisters are going to meet me at the house Monday night to help me paint the kids' bedrooms. Between the three of us, it shouldn't take long to do two rooms. I definitely want to get those room painted before we begin moving furniture in. It will be soooo much easier!

Paint colors chosen:
SW6808 Celestial by Sherman Williams - girls' room
SW6946 Surfer - Kendall's room

Needless to say, I'll be pretty busy here with last minute packing, moving and unpacking. I'll pop in as often as I can and will return to regular postings (with photos)  as soon as I am able. For now, please forgive my scarcity.

xx

7 comments:

Jennifer Perkins said...

I am excited for you and your family! ~And can't wait for the pics. :o)

The Muse said...

i am just so very happy for you!!!

My Vintage Studio said...

How exciting! Good luck with the closing on Monday. Will forward to your photos of your new home.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Sharon

Sharon said...

Hi Tracy :)

Your blog is just beautiful! Congratulations on your closing, how exciting!

I look forward to checking out your blog some more. BTW, you haircut is darling :)

Have a blessed day!
Sharon

Debra said...

Wow! You're so blessed to get in that quickly. Here in NY we've had to wait two months each time to get into our new homes--that's the average time around here. Two months always feels like *forever*!

Again, I'm so happy for you! And it's going to be such fun seeing the progress you make on your new place and hearing your stories of life in your new home.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments at my blog! They are greatly appreciated. Blessings, Debra

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Wow, houses are taking forever to close here in California. This is wonderful. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you'll be so happy to get all of your things in, and make it your own.
Blessings,
Marcia

bellaboo said...

I wish you well with the move,hope it all goes smoothly.Don't forget to leave the kettle out for that all important cup of tea!
Looking forward to seeing the new home soon.

Bellaboo