Friday, January 29, 2010

Furniture


I bought new furniture. No, not brand new, but it is new to me. I stopped at the Waterfront Rescue Mission Bargain Center and literally hit the jackpot. Not only did I find pieces of furniture at reasonable prices but they were on sale, too!  


I purchased...

2 cane chairs similar to Cindy's chairs pictured above - $20 each
Wooden end table - $10
Floral chair - $15
Matching floral sofa - $30

and...

a brand new dining table with 6 chairs - $498
(it has a few minor scratches and dents)

With a little paint, fabric, and cleaning I'll have lovely furniture to add to our home.
***
The closing has been pushed back to Wed., Feb. 3rd....two days later than we were originally told, but we can hardly complain as the whole process has gone by so fast. Some good news - I didn't have to put up any security deposits for utilities with my letters of credit from my current utility companies.

We're just taking things a day at a time.

All is well...

8 comments:

FlowerLady said...

It won't be long now, another week or so, and you'll be setting up your new home. I look forward to seeing your new furniture.

FlowerLady

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

oooh good luck! I love that chair!

The Muse said...

it seems to me those are wonderful prices :)
And the fact you can add your touch to them...priceless!

hurrah for no security deposits! woooo hooo !!

My Vintage Studio said...

Lucky you on your furniture finds. Maybe the delay will help you in getting organized or just having fun getting new things for the house.
Hugs, Sharon

cindy said...

Lucky You! I am never able to find a bargain. Anytime or Anywhere.

Enjoy your site.

Laurie said...

Sounds like you got some wonderful deals. Oh I hope you show lots of photos when you get all settled in!
I bet those cane chair are lovely!
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs))

Deborah said...

Sounds like you will be sleeping in your new home before you know it. CONGRAULATIONS!

Deborah
Alabama

Deborah said...

Sounds like you will be sleeping in your new home before you know it. CONGRAULATIONS!

Deborah
Alabama