Sunday, January 24, 2010

Four Quick Takes


1. It has done nothing but rain here today. Alfred and I had a wonderful day of doing nothing besides napping and watching Animal Planet on television.

2. Everytime I think we are done with paperwork on the house, there is more documentation we need to provide. The VA wants to know e-v-e-r-y-thing. It really is ridiculous, but these are the hoops we must jump through in order to have a home, and once done we'll never have to do it again.

3. I really want (and need) some new pieces of furniture. Rather than paying thousands of dollars for furniture, I'm willing to wait and shop thrift shops, yard sales, and Craigslist fot sturdy pieces that I can refinish myself.


4. Polka dots are coming back into fashion! I've always been fond of polka dots. I remember as a child, Mama made me the cutest short sleeve button up shirt that was pink with white polka dots. It was one of my favorites! Polka dots are just fun and flirty.


How was your weekend?

4 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Tracy. Thank you for visiting my blog. We purchased our home through VA. Yes a lot of papers but well worth it! We are hoping to buy in your area in about 5 years. We love the area!
Hope you have a great week. BTW your hair looks great!
Hugs, Sharon

bellaboo said...

I love polka dots,and have lots of spotty things around my home.
Had a nice weekend with friends and family...celebrating my hubby's birthday.

Bellaboo

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

Lovely lovely photos!

Laurie said...

I love rainy days when I don't have to go any where and can just putter about.
I love polka dots too ~ they are just a happy pattern!
:)