Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thursday Afternoon Chit-Chat


Alfred returned to work today after a day and a half of being essentially bed-ridden in pain with a rib out of place and two chiropractor appointments, one of which he had acupuncture done. He still has a hot spot in his back and can not lift over ten pounds for the time being. It leaves me concerned about this coming week's paycheck. But I will try not to fret. There are always hurdles to overcome and we've never gone hungry or without a roof over our heads. So I will count my blessings and trust that the Lord will work things out for our good.

I have a roast cooking in the crockpot. The aroma feels the house with promises of beefy goodness. I <3 my crockpot! I put the roast in the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup this morning. Just now I added a packet of brown gravy mix ('cause I suck at making gravy!). For dinner, I'll butter and brown in a skillet the package of hoagie buns and then top it with the roast and gravy. Easy peasy!!

My friend, Rhonda, shared a recipe for freezer crescent rolls on her new blog today. Who doesn't love crescent rolls? Head on over and say hi to her. :)

One of my favorite things is a beautiful landscape. After coming home from town I passed by a cow pasture. The sky was a dark blue-gray. The pasture's grass is still emerald green. There are bare trees there but the edge of it is lined with leafy trees. What made it so beautiful was the way it was illuminated by golden sun rays. The sunlight looked so warm and cozy. I wish I had had my camera with me so you could see it, too.

Yesterday I began decluttering, as per my goal of one small plastic bag worth of stuff per day. I awarded myself a silver star on my calendar for my efforts. Still have to fill up a bag for today. I'm sure it won't be too hard to do. I have a few things to do around the house yet before Alfred comes home so I will bid you farewell for now...

3 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

Hi Tracy
you are so sweet.

Poor Alfred - I do hope he recovers quickly -
did you know my hubby is also a mechanic and now he is working as the parts manager? it is much easier on his body.

Wendy said...

Hope your husband gets well soon. Hang in there, Tracy, you are an inspiration.

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I hope your hubby recovers quickly ~ ouch on that rib being out of place.
We are treading on thin ice this holiday season, but I am not going to let this get me down.
Dinner sounds so good, I don't make very good gravy either, thank God for those little packets!
Stay warm!
Hugs))