Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Simplicity



I am continuing my decluttering quest in order to create space in which to breathe and think with clarity and to simplify my life to the greatest extent possible. I am not too sure how Alfred will take to my ideas of radical simplicity, but the home is my domain and it would certainly make my life and work easier.

Can you believe I had 226 blogs on my favorites list? I have since pared the list down to 75 which is still a lot to be sure, but not nearly as much as it was.

I had a large stack of magazines that had accumulated and I hadn't had time to read them. Instead of trying to go through each and every one, I decided to let them all go. What I don't know, I won't miss.

As I sort through all of our possessions, I have thought about why I have accumulated so many things. I believe a lot of it is due to the fact that I didn't trust my inner knowing. I looked to books and "experts" to tell me how to live my life and acquire perfection. The only problem is life is never perfect and striving for perfection leaves no time for living and enjoying life.
 
Now I am choosing to learn to listen to the authentic longings of my heart. I may make mistakes along the way, but I can learn from them instead of allowing them to drag me down.Today I choose to stitch the individual pieces together to craft an individual, unique life that reflects who I am and who I am becoming.


What are you choosing today?

2 comments:

sarah said...

If you are listening to your authentic longings, only good can come.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Today I am choosing calm over worry. It is not hard to have your calm snatched away & I for one am going to resist it. Even in the face of stress I will choose calm. Inner calm.

I used to use Feng Shui to control my home and clutter. Now I use my common sense & what I or We feel is neccesary or not. It is amazing when you go through your home how much you hold onto for no good reason. I know for me, when I declutter, I actually feel lighter in my mind and that is a good thing.

I love your kissing santa's. Wherever did you find them?
Hugs
Tammy