Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Offering Hospitality


 One of the things I love about being home is being able to offer hospitality to family and friends who stop by to visit. I offer homemade cookies and cakes and if it's around a meal time, I offer what I am serving for said meal. We don't eat lavishly. I prepare good 'ole southern homecookin'. I am always on the lookout for new frugal recipes to try in order to keep our meals from becoming boring. And I always try to make enough to have leftovers to send with Alfred for lunch the following day.

It does my heart good to be able to prepare bountiful meals where everyone has enough to eat and comes away from the family dinner table with full bellies. Several times a week I prepare baked goodies for my family to snack on: a variety of cookies, cakes, brownies, and muffins. If we have snacks, all is well as far as my family is concerned.

Another thing I like to do on occasion is send baked goods with Alfred to work. These goodies are always gobbled up. It seems that baking is becoming more rare these days and what a shame that is. So the homemade goodies are always greatly appreciated amongst his coworkers.

Offering hospitality is becoming a thing of the past. A perfect home and a fancy meal are not necessary to be hospitable. People just want to be loved, listened to, and encouraged. They do not want to be impressed. Let us reach out to others and give from our hearts.

Proverbs 15:17 "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred." 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a kind person you are! I'm sure Alfred's co-workers think he is a lucky man! God bless, Kathy in Illinois

Tammy said...

Oh I love to cook for my Steve and then to bake as well. I love how my house smells, my mind is busy and the end result never goes to waste. Always having something to share is rewarding as well. Hugs. Tammy

Gae said...

Dear Tracy,
This is s wonderful example of hospitality. I think you are well versed at this and an inspiration to follow.
God Bless

Beth said...

I couldn't agree more. Hospitality doesn't have to be fancy. It's letting people know you are glad they are in your home, your life. A little can go a long way.