Friday, December 04, 2009

My Girls and I


The girls are frosting and decorating cupcakes that I baked this morning, as they sing along to Christmas songs. We're using up the leftover homemade frosting from Kayla's birthday cake that called for two pounds of powdered sugar! As they frost and sample cupcakes, they are talking and giggling. Kenzie says she feels like Paula Deen sampling the treats and that she and her sister can be Kenzie & Kayla's Home Cooking.


Simple things and activities help to create a festive, joyful atmosphere here at home.


Kenzie has had a cough this morning. I hope she's not coming down with a cold or worse. We have a busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow night is our town's Christmas parade and Sunday we are to attend a Christmas dinner with Alfred's Army National Guard unit. I am making my homemade macaroni and cheese to contribute to the potluck.


Kenzie, at nine, is now learning to play Christmas songs on the keyboard. She has a natural ability, it seems, to play by ear. She's never had a lesson. I bought a piano book for beginners, but she didn't pay it much attention to it. Maybe I'll use it instead! Mama always said she would be a piano player because she had/has such long, slender fingers. She is right yet again, but then again, mamas usually are!

The weather forecasters have forecasted a "wintry mix" of rain/sleet/snow for tonight. Though I seriously doubt the snow will reach us, the girls are ever hopeful and excited about the possibilities of waking up to a Winter wonderland. The last time we had snow flurries Kayla, now age 13, was just a babe. And oh, how bitterly cold it was!


The girls are calling for me to come watch Elf with them, so I must close for now!


4 comments:

Emily said...

What beautiful girls and dresses! It sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday thus far! I hope we get more snow too - I am ready for it! :) Have a glorious day today!

sarah said...

what lovely girls you have. :-)

Fantasy Whispers - Vania Cruz-Perez said...

It sounds like you had a great time!

Happy Holidays :)

Vania

Fantasy Whispers - Vania Cruz-Perez said...

It sounds like you had a great time!

Happy Holidays :)

Vania