Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Living Each Season



Brrr....it is cold here today! The high is only 59 degrees but I don't think it will get that warm. The skies are gray with winds blowing out of the North. Rain has been forecasted for tonight, too. {sigh}

Thankfully, I have no where to go today so I can play and putter about the house. I can bake, watch a holiday movie, work on one of my many unfinished cross-stitch projects, read, play Black-Jack or a board game with the girls, declutter, daydream, take a nap....oh yes!
I can find joy in the simplest things these days. Even on dark, dreary days there is joy to be found  if I take the time to look around me and appreciate divine moments of bliss, peace, and utter contentment.

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. ~Henry David Thoreau

How are you living each season?

2 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like you are in for a wonderful relaxing day. (I think I could use a nap too.)

sarah said...

well it's hot and muggy here, so I'm living (read "barely tolerating") this season by reading blogs of people who live in the nice cold northern hemisphere! ;-)

your day sounds wonderful.