Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Just Do It


The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows on television. I love to watch the contestant's transformations and see them face their fears and break through the barriers that had previously held them back. As the show progresses, where there was once insecurity, confidence and an I Can Do It attitude emerges. I find it all very inspiring.


I, myself, want to lose weight and get into better shape. I have started and stopped so many times in the past, but I give up too soon because: 1. I don't see results quick enough 2. I am afraid to push myself physically due to RA and panic attacks 3. I put everyone else's needs first.


I have a choice to make. I can do what I've been doing, be unhappy with my body and continue to watch my weight creep up ever so slowly or I can do something about it - eat better and make time to work out. I want to prove to myself that I can do this. I can set and achieve my goals. I am stronger than I give myself crdit for and I'm worth the time spent on becoming healthy and fit.


Instead of looking outside of myself for validation, worth, and acceptance I need to look within. I need to listen to my inner voice and acknowledge my strength. Feel the fear and do it anyway.

Just do it...

3 comments:

Grandma Elsie said...

I needed this post today...
I too need to lose weight as I am a dibetic .
You are so right , we are stronger than we think. But I guess we are thinking about lactching on to someone else to guide us when all the time its inside of us to help our selves.

Carolyn said...

Yes you can!!!!!!!!!!!!! Step by step you can accomplish so much.

Lynn said...

What a lovely blog you have here! I came over from If You Do Stuff, Stuff Gets Done.

Best of luck in your fitness goals. I've found I have to sign up for a class in order to be consistent with exercising; I'm so cheap that my logic is, "I've paid for it. I darned well better go!" But the neat thing is, once you start doing it regularly, it becomes automatic, like brushing your teeth. Your body just knows that when the clock hits a certain hour, it's time to exercise. You've already done the hardest part, which is just deciding to start. You can do it!