Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gratitude List ~ Week 50


1. Our bath tub cracked last weekend, but with a $30 kit Alfred was able to repair it saving us $400+.

2. Five gallon buckets that I get for free from my sister's work. I will use them for planting tomato and bell pepper plants this Spring, homemade laundry detergent, to start a compost bin for the garden, and to store goods purchased in bulk.

3. Gift-wrapping will be done today. There will be no wrapping late on Christmas Eve this year!

4. Inspirational reading.

5. Alfred's son, Joel, will be visiting us for a week beginning the day after Christmas!!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy ~
Hope you have a great day.
Those 5 gallon buckets sure will come in handy.
Got your stocking hung yet?:)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I wish I had my Christmas wrapping all done. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings,
Marcia

sarah said...

A $400 saving is a wonderful thing, especially just before Christmas!!

FlowerLady said...

Hi Tracy ~ Your gratitude list sounds good. Being grateful lightens our spirits, making us appreciate our many blessings.

Having nice 5 gallon buckets for bulk ingredients like flour, beans, rice and noodles would be great!

Have a lovely Christmas ~ FlowerLady

Grandma Elsie said...

Have a wonderful Christmas. I use 5 gal buckets for a lot of things. good to have on hand.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hello. I found your blog this evening...wonderful reading. Thank you for sharing your photos and stories.

We are a retired AF family living near Memphis, TN. My husband now works at St Jude. We love the Fairhope/Foley area and plan to move to that area in about 8 years. Until then we will continue our several trips each year to explore the area.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Sharon