Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Excitement



The excitement for Christmas continues to build. I will wrap a few gifts today, though they won't go under the tree for Mr. Cheeky (our Yorkie puppy) would surely chew them up! We'll leave Santa a note to drop off gifts in my bedroom to ensure no damages occur.

We have had plenty of rain the past three days with flooding in many areas. Now a cold front has moved in and this weekend will be especially cold with lows in 20s! I'll have to make up a fresh batch of my homemade cocoa mix.

I'll spend the rest of this week giving the house a good cleaning and enlist the family's help in maintaining its cleanliness. Next week I want to focus on baking treats for my family and also to give as gifts to family and neighbors.

How are your Christmas preparations coming along?

9 comments:

Not Hannah said...

We're stuck in the whole "need to clean the house before we can get all jolly" place. After my computer time this morning, I'm settling down to a day of work. Then cookie dough tomorrow and baking this weekend. Wheeee!

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
I am so glad the rain has stopped...for now! I really missed the sun.
Today it's pretty cold so I am doing some baking.
We won't put any presents under the tree until Christmas Eve and then keep our fingers crossed that our kitty doesn't tear them open. She loves boxes and crinkly paper!
Hugs))

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Hi Tracy, I love to cook the "sweets for gifts" the week leading up to Christmas & giving them as gifts to my husbands co-workers. It is so much fun! How exciting to have young ones around to share the joy. I can even hear the excitement in your post!! Hugs. Tammy

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

It's been a busy week so far. We did some baking this afternoon and then the kids took some of our cookies and things over to share with our neighbors. They loved decorating them and they loved sharing them too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Susan in SC said...

Would you like to come to my house and bake for my family?! Enjoy your baking!!

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

What an absolutely lovely lounge you have! Beautiful!

Kerrie said...

Celebrating at my house was done for today when my daughters, grandchildren and spouses come for gift exchange. Then on Christmas, we all go to my oldest dau's for dinner. So my cleaning and decorating and baking is over!! Ha! Great post, Kerrie

Tracy said...

That is not my lounge, but I do agree that is quite beautiful! :)

Jennifer Perkins said...

I loved this post!