Tuesday, December 01, 2009

December Goals




My friend Rhonda started a new blog - If You Do Stuff, Stuff Gets Done. She posted her goals for the month...just three little things. I can do that! So here's my list:

1. Declutter a little each day. I want to pare down our possessions {mine especially!} and simplify our lives. Decluttering will go a long way in helping reach this goal. My goal is to fill a plastic shopping bag with items to give away or dispose of every day.

2. Live generously...Be a radical giver. I can't help but think of those who are homeless or have inadequate housing, the hungry, and the poor - especially when the cold weather sets in. I don't want to ignore the needs around me. If I can be of help, I want to give - money, goods, time, or talents.

3. Buy secondhand as much as possible. It is my goal to become debt-free and one way I can do that is to be careful with my pennies. One way to do that is to buy secondhand for clothing and home goods and furnishings that are needed.


Do you have any goals for December?

3 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

Hi Tracy - so glad I inspired you.

I like your goal to buy second-hand. I recently shopped for bedroom lamps and ended up getting a great deal on 2 lamps at a thrift store. If I had bought them new, they would of cost a lot more and would of been wrapped in styrofoam and plastic and boxes.
So second hand can be thriftier and kinder to the earth as well.

Laura said...

What wonderful goals and how inspiring.

I want to make a list too.

Laura

Not Hannah said...

Um...I have the same goals. Personally, I think we rock. I'll add that I want to ramp up the home cooking and work on my faith more.