Friday, December 11, 2009

Creative Christmas




I love giving gifts. Even better, I love giving gifts that won't break the bank and throw our budget into the red. I've been scouring the thrift shops in hopes of suitable gifts...just a little something to let those I love know that I care. Today I found four lovely gifts and two cookie tins for baked goods - all for half off! I spent less than $6 and was able to cross two people off my list.

Christmas isn't about how much money you spent on a gift. You have nothing to prove. Christmas is about love, sharing, and giving from the heart. It's the thought that counts. Jesus gave us the greatest gift of all and it wasn't purchased at some high-end department store or the mall.

Let us open our hearts and give the gifts of our love, time, and attention this holiday season, rather than only from our pocketbooks.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love finding gifts in places other than big stores and malls.
I made a few gifts this year ~ writing poems to my hubby, dad and sister. I printed them out,framed them (from thrift store frames) and then sorta collaged around the poems. I think they came out pretty nice.
Homebaked goods are extra special and make some of the best gifts!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs))
P.S. The lights on our house are supposed to be "cool white" but I think they look blue too!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love homemade gifts, and everyone I know does too. I love what you wrote about Jesus giving the greatest gift and it wasn't purchased at some high-end dept. store. This is so true!
Blessings,
Marcia

mountainmama said...

definitely gifts from the heart not the wallet are the best~~ thank you for the reminder :)

Sharon said...

I love your comment about having "nothing to prove". It is so true!!! Christmas is about sharing time, and giving of the heart..not the amount you spend at a store! Thank you for reminding me of that...I often second guess what I purchased just days before Christmas! :)