Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Christmas Letter


Dear Tracy,

Merry Christmas, baby. I love you so much. I'm such a lucky man to have you as my partner in our journey down this road called life. I know I stumble sometimes, but you are always there to help me back up. Thank you for just being you and taking me as your soul-mate. You are the greatest wife a man could ask for. You are my life and I love you for all that you do. Thank you for treating Joel as if he was both of ours. It's hard to believe that I have three teens now, and I love all four of my children. They are all so good. As I look at other families, I realize just how lucky we are. God has blessed us so much.

You are the reason I work so hard. I want you to be happy and have nice things. That's why I try so hard. I know I come home sometimes and act like a bear and I am truly sorry. Thank you for putting up with me. The girls had to read this. They said it was nice. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, I think back to what it was like before I met you. I was so lonely. Even the times I was with another female, I was still alone. I never knew what real love was. But you showed me what real love was and can be. You gave me the best gift ever, a great family and a wonderful, beautiful, caring wife. I would give my life for you. You are my world.

I'm sorry for not being able to get you a gift for this holiday season, but I hope this letter makes up a little for my short fall. I love you dearly. All I wanted for Christmas this year is for all of my family to get nice gifts and be together. I love you with all my heart and soul.

Your loving husband,
Alfred

11 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Wow. There isn't a better gift in the world than a letter like that one. It sounds like both of you are truly blessed to have each other.

FlowerLady said...

That was absolutely beautiful, and worth so much more than a physical gift. This was a gift of love from your DH's heart.

FlowerLady

Rhonda in OK said...

wow, that is so sweet! and I can't think of any gift that would be remembered or cherished more than this loving letter.

Tammy said...

Oh okay??? Right?? yeah so no presents needed. THis tops anything he could have done financially. This is the TOPS ALFRED!!! Do you hear ME????? It's the best thing you could have done for your sweet wife!

Hugs
Tammy

TJ said...

A beautiful gift that will be passed down from generation to generation and read every year at Christmas. What a blessing for your whole family to have parents that love each other as much as you two do.

Tracy said...

It is indeed a treasure! I found his letter so sweet and sentimental that I cried. :)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Your husband gave you a beautiful gift, and one you will never forget. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Marcia

Ariadone said...

Alfred, You are a very dear and caring man. It is so important to express your heart unrapped to your wife; this to enable is a pure gift of Love, more than a material "thing". Tracy is so blessed to have you as you are so blessed as a man, husband and father, as I read here.
You are example to us all.
Bless you, Alfred

Anne@BackyardTreasures said...

Tracy, I have tears in my eyes just reading this. :) As everyone else has already commented...this letter from Alfred's heart is so much more than any store bought gift. You are one blessed lady!!

~~Anne

Laurie said...

What a beautiful gift Tracy ~ what a treasure Alfred is ~ but I am sure you already know that!
Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I feel honoured to have read it. Blessings to you both.

Wendy