Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Little Helpers


A recent breakfast from scratch - homemade bread topped with mayo, cheese, eggs and pepper.


The Marigolds I planted from seed are now blooming!


Kenzie and Kayla picking up grass clippings I had raked into piles to put in our compost pile.





Chatting while working...






I love the way the sunlight filters through the trees...





They made many trips to the compost pile...








Teamwork...


Beautiful pastel sky...



Helping in the kitchen...

Kenzie made instant cheese grits to go with our breakfast dinner...


Kayla is making a cake for dessert.


Stirring, stirring....


Smiley girl...


Ta-Da! Yummy chocolate cake  is always a treat!

The girls and I had a really good day yesterday. We did "school" - a math worksheet, copied a passage from Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder and began reading the book. We also read from Christian Liberty Nature Reader and began Beautiful Girlhood.

Afterwards, the girls helped with laundry - folding and putting away, Kenzie vacuumed the living room and hall while I tackled other tasks, and I let them watch Bolt online via NetFlix.

This afternoon, we headed outdoors. I raked and then sat down to rest, journal, and snap pictures of the girls doing yardwork. Then it was time for dinner and cake-baking.

All in all it was a very good day.

7 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a great day! Your girls are getting so much more than they would if they were in public school all day. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Your blog entries always put a smile on my face. You have a lovely family, Tracey. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day with your family. Gad Bless, Kathy in Illinois

Emily said...

What a wonderful day for you! :) I can't wait to read "Beautiful Girlhood" to my girls. I just purchased it a few weeks ago, but little ones are so little yet. We love the Little House books! :)

Sparkle said...

Lovely blog. The cake looked very yummy. :-)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I adore the picture of the girls chatting while working. That is certainly a keeper that would be enlarged and put to black and white for me. Love the pics. Hugs. Tammy

cathleen said...

What lovely girlies you have, Tracy. And they are wonderful helpers too. Keep encouraging that!!!!

Laurie said...

Hi Tracy ~
You know those scrambled eggs are looking really good!
Sounds like you had a wonderful memory keeping day.
Hugs:)