Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gratitude List ~ Week 46



1. Folding clean laundry for it means I have a washer and dryer and a family to wear the clothes.

2. Hot and cold water at the turn of the tap whenever I want it - to bathe in and to clean and cook with.

3. Open windows that allow the fresh air in and the stale air out.

4. Keeping the thermostat set at a low 65 degrees at night for it is sure to lower the electricity bill and we don't wake feeling hot and stuffy.

 5. Taking the dogs out first thing in the morning to hear a rooster crowing, cows mooing in the distance, hawks crying and seeing the sun's first rays of light as it comes up over the horizion.

What are you thankful for this week?

5 comments:

sarah said...

what a lovely list. It does bewilder this Kiwi heart though to think of thermostats. We don't have that kind of thing here. I always thought we lived in a more extreme latitude than America, but I don't know any private homes here which have air conditioning. So that's another thing for your gratitude list perhaps - that you have such things in your country :-)

sarah said...

what a lovely list. It does bewilder this Kiwi heart though to think of thermostats. We don't have that kind of thing here. I always thought we lived in a more extreme latitude than America, but I don't know any private homes here which have air conditioning. So that's another thing for your gratitude list perhaps - that you have such things in your country :-)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I have the same thought about laundry and dishes. I always begrudge doing dishes when I dont' feel well UNTIL I realize, we ate and our bellies are full. I a huge water fanatic... hot especially. Love the day. I am grateful for the day I was given to capture more memories.

Hugs
Tammy

Gae said...

I love tour blog title.What a lovely way to express a thankful heart
Blessings

Sharon said...

I would love to hear a rooster crowing in the morning, or cows mooing in the distance...

I'm too close to the city for that...I just hear massive traffic on the highway about a half mile away! Yuck!