Friday, November 27, 2009

Frost



I awoke this morning to a frost covered landscape, all white and glittering. Steam is rising off the creak creating an eerie fog. All is quiet except for the sound of black crows cawing. They sound as if they are laughing. They must be laughing at those out shopping for Black Friday, not I. I prefer to shop at my leisure which does not include camping out in front of stores in the freezing cold to snag a bargain.

My Christmas shopping has begun. I've purchased clothes for Kendall, a nice bathrobe for Joel, and a few dvd's for Kendall and the girls. Alfred and I will do the bulk of our gift shopping the second weekend of December. We'll have a cash budget of $300 to spend. It will be a lot of fun and we are both looking forward to it.

I received my electric bill statement. I was pleased to see I had shaved $52 off the previous month's bill by not running the air or heat unless absolutely necessary. I am hoping to shave off even more for the coming month. We ran the heat last night (set at 68 degrees) with the temperature dropping to 30 degrees, but I'll be shutting that off by 8am. The high today will be 60 degrees and we can layer our clothes and bundle up if needed.

Alfred has to work today. I must do the grocery shopping and bake Kayla's birthday cake. Saturday Alfred and I are going to see New Moon alone, since the kids have already seen it and we're having Kayla's birthday party that evening. She will be thirteen!

I need to get my menu plan written out, along with my shopping list. Hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

sarah said...

How can I not have a wonderful day after reading this and feeling the cheerfulness and smiles radiate out to my own heart. Tracy, it is always so lovely, so warming, to come here and enjoy your simple niceness.