Saturday, November 28, 2009

For Kayla




Today my little girl turns into a young lady for it is your thirteenth birthday. I know how excited you are to become a teen, finally! But I find myself missing the old days when you were a sassy, funny little thing. You always made me laugh.

I was so happy the day you were born for I finally had the daughter I had longed for. I even had your name picked out many years before when I was just a teenager. I thought Kayla was just about the prettiest name ever. A pretty name for a pretty girl - inside and out. 

You are smart, tender-hearted, and a great help to me. If anyone has a question about animals, I always direct them to you, for you have a great passion for creatures great and small. I wonder what great things you will do. Will you be a wildlife conservationist like Steve Irwin or Jane Goodall or will you care for the wildlife that surrounds your future home? Only time will tell...

One thing I know for sure - I am honored to be your Mama. God surely did bless me the day He gave you to me. You are a gift and a treasure and I love you.

Love, Mama

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Happy birthday Kayla! May life shower you with many blessings!

What a beautiful tribute, Tracy! it brought a lump to my throat. Ah, the love!! :)

Sandcastle Momma said...

Happy Birthday Kayla! I hope you have a wonderful day.

sarah said...

Happy birthday and many blessings to a lovely young lady.

Ariadone said...

Happy BirthdayGirl Kayla, Hele fijne verjaardag wensen we jou en een heel leuk en goed 14e levensjaar. Jij bent nu een teenager ! A very lovely day on your birthday we are wishing to you. You are now a teenager ! Wishing you also very fun and good 14th year of your life.
Lang zal ze leven !
Kiss your lovely mother for me, beautiful girl, you are so loved.
Godeliva

Laurie said...

What a lovely tribute to your daughter.
I hope Kayla had a truly wonderful birthday! They do grow up so fast, don't they??
Hugs))