Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cleaning as Meditation



Sometimes I get discouraged in my work as a homemaker and am in need of a little inspiration. When I get into those slumps it is usually because I have let some area slide out of balance or clutter has been allowed to accumulate. The best remedy for me is to tackle the area causing undue distress.

I find that cleaning and decluttering quiets my spirit. I liken it to a form of meditation. As I clear out the dross, my vision becomes clearer. Creativity and inspiration is reignited. Simplicity reigns supreme. I, once again, find joy in life's simple pleasures.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I often find that cleaning is so fulfilling on many levels.

I like how you speak of being a homemaker as your job.

Sandcastle Momma said...

It really does help, doesn't it?
When my life seems out of control I start cleaning out closets and cabinets and before long it feels like everything is ok again - even though it wasn't the closets that were bothering me.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

You're so right. I can let things go only so long and then I have to declutter. It builds up quick around here, 8 people in a not-too-big house. I like "simple" too ;-)
Blessings,
Marcia