Saturday, November 21, 2009

All About the House



The weather has been so nice lately. It is cool/cold at night but warms up quite nicely during the day. I open up the windows on days like those and at night only turn on the heat if it will be especially chilly, then the temperature is only set to 65 degrees. Even then it hardly kicks on and I shut it off again by 8am. I am anxious to see the electric bill to see if my endeavors to lower the bill have been successful.

Yesterday the girls and I baked a batch of cake-like brownies and banana bread. I had to use up the bananas before they went bad and what better way is there to do that? For dinner, we had chicken and dumplings made from scratch. It's an inexpensive meal that is pure comfort food!

This morning I was up around 5am and I've been going ever since. Took the dogs out to potty twice, took the kitchen trash out, started the several loads of laundry that need to be done today, tidied up and walked out with Alfred as he left for work. I have one load washed and dried, one load in the dryer and one washing and still maybe four loads to do. That's what happens when the kids decide to clean their rooms. Every.Single.Time.

I'm going on a Walmart run with Mama in just a bit to get a few groceries and pick up Kayla's birthday gift - if they have the item she wants. She turns 13 next Saturday! I'll return home to do more cleaning and cooking before I collapse into a tired heap late this afternoon. Ah, the joys of homemaking! It is tiring and yet so rewarding. No two days are ever the same and there are always challenges to overcome.

Who says homemakers sit around eating bon bons all day?
.::smile::.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

My goodness, such a busy day! But you're right being productive leaves such a good feeling...making every thing right in your world!