Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thrift


By sowing frugality we reap liberty, a golden harvest. ~Agesilaus
~
I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living. ~John D. Rockefeller
~
Industry, thrift and self-control are not sought because they create wealth, but because they create character. ~Calvin Coolidge
~
A bargain ain't a bargain unless it's something you need. ~Sidney Carroll
~
Be thrifty, but not covetous. ~George Herbert
~
Frugality may be termed the daughter of Prudence, the sister of Temperance, and the parent of Liberty. ~Samuel Johnson

Wishing you the loveliest of weekends!

4 comments:

mountainmama said...

hope you have a lovely weekend too!

thank you for the lovely thrifty thoughts and peaceful image~~

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love the quote from Sidney Carroll. I have a friend who is always saying things like "This was originally $100 but I got it for $60" and I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "but you didn't need it - no matter what it cost" LOL

Jenn@Spejory said...

Although I realize the down turn in the economy has had a lot of bad effects, I do love that it's made thrifty living popular again. I hope that's here to stay! Thanks for sharing the thrifty quotes, just in time as I am headed out to the grocery store!

Laurie said...

Especially now "in today's economy" (I am really beginning to dislike that phrase!) it is more important than ever to pinch pennies.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend too!