Thursday, October 15, 2009

Road Trip


Tomorrow morning we are leaving on a road trip...driving to Jacksonville, FL to spend the weekend with Alfred's son, Joel, and to watch one of his football games. There is lots to do today in preparation for the trip, in addition to the housework. I do not want to return home with a list of chores that need tending to! The kids are all psyched up and have been counting down the days until we leave. We are all looking forward to a change in scenery and spending time with Joel.



Alfred is taking diving classes in order to get certified. This is something he has always wanted to do, but I must admit I am not crazy about it. It seems so dangerous! Not only that, but all the kids want to do it, too! As for me, I'm having none of it. While I love the sea, I prefer to stay on land. But that's just me...



I stopped at a local teacher supply store yesterday and picked up a few books to use in our homeschool. There was all kinds of neat stuff there. I'll definitely be going back. :)

That is about all that's going on here. Hope all is well in your world and I will see you on Monday!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Have a lovely and safe trip Tracy!
Hugs))
I don't think I would like scuba diving either, for one thing I can't even swim. I love the sea but I just like to stay on the sand:)

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Have a lovely and safe trip!!!

sarah haliwell said...

Enjoy your trip!

Missy said...

Have a great time!! I missed beach time this year and October is a wonderful time to go.

mountainmama said...

hope you have a wonderful trip! sounds lovely~

i feel the same way about the sea. i hope the diving lessons go well :)

Emily said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

Susan in SC said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

cathleen said...

Hope you are having the best time!!!!