Saturday, October 03, 2009

Our Weekend


I am enjoying the fruits of my first attempt at making homemade cinnamon rolls. They sure take a lot of time to prepare and don't look perfect (far from it actually!), but they taste pretty good! But for the amount of time they take to make, I think it's cheraper to buy the frozen ones at the market.

It's nice outside this morning. I hope the temperature stays relatively low so the house doesn't heat up terribly. Yesterday at its warmest, the girls and I spent a couple hours at Target. I had to buy them tennis shoes and we took advantage of the free air conditioning.

Yesterday we also got to bring Clover home! Overnight she made a radical turn-around in her recovery and I consider it nothing short of a miracle! I'm just glad to have my sweet girl home...

Alfred and Kendall are both gone for the weekend, (Alfred to drill and Kendall to my sister's) so the Kayla and Kenzie declared it a "girls weekend". We watched Finding Neverland with Johnny Depp last night and enjoyed it very much. We are going to watch Coal Miner's Daughter tonight and Songcatcher on Sunday. I sure do enjoy NetFlix!

I am planning to pull my Halloween decorations out later today to add a little ghoulish festivity to our home. I also need to change my garden flag outdoors. I have a cute one with a cowboy boot - perfect for life in the country. :)

Well I am off to enjoy my Girls Weekend. Hope yours is enjoyable, too!

5 comments:

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Glad you make good use of Netflix. Sad to say, I'm one of those, who rent and don't watch, in the best time frame. And if you don't, you're not getting any bargain.

Perhaps soon, I'll try a month of Netflix again. See if I do any better. :-)

But for now, all I take out are library DVD's. Even those will cost, if I keep them out over a week. ,-)

Aunt Amelia

Grandma Elsie said...

Have a greet girly week end .. Please post all about it so we can enjoy it with you.
Elsie

Emily said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend! I love Netflix! :) We use it so often! Homemade cinnamon rolls are the best! :)

Anna said...

Homemade cinnamon rolls are soooo amazing... even if they do take forever to make. Netflix is great...

RJ said...

do you have a bread machine? I used to make our cinnamon rolls by letting the dough get made in ours, then just rolling it out, filling it, rolling it back up, let it rise for a bit and bake them. Much easier than getting the dough ready myself.

Jackie (chl)